"Learning Buddies" Special Offer
Enroll QRA Education Program with a learning buddy in the same intake to receive a $200 supermarket coupon each.
Retirement Advisors on Demand
Hong Kong is facing a rapidly greying population. The proportion of elderly aged 65 and over is projected to have a twofold increase in the next 20 years. Those born during the baby boom’s period has moved towards their elderly stage, the population of elderly is projected to increase from 1.16mil (16.6% of the total population, that means one in every six people) to 2.37mil (concerning 31.1% of the total population, that means one in every three people). Comparing to the 0.5mil increase recorded 20 years ago (1996-2016), the ageing population has jet up obviously. The elderly population of 2.3 mil will persist for at least 30 years. In this phenomenon, retirement planning has become a highly demanding and urgent issue.
*Source: Census and Statistics Department: Hong Kong Population Projections 2012-2014
Highlights of QRA Education Program and Examination
- No pre-requisite on academic or professional qualifications to apply
- Fast and flexible course mode: 24-40 classroom hours
Financial Incentives Scheme of the WAM Pilot Programme
Qualified Retirement Adviser (QRA) Education Program is one of the eligible courses / programmes under the financial incentives scheme (“The Scheme”) of the Pilot Programme to Enhance Talent Training for the Asset and Wealth Management Sector (“WAM Pilot Programme”).
Eligible in-service practitioners of the financial services industry could apply for reimbursement of 80% of the fees of this course, subject to a maximum of HK$10,000 (whichever is lower) upon satisfactory completion of the course (with an attendance requirement of 80%), over the period of the Scheme.
- The minimum class attendance requirement is 80%.
- Participants will not be given attendance record if they are late and/ or absent from the programme session for more than 15 minutes.
- Attendance for the entire programme is signified by the sign-in and sign-out records on the attendance form.
- A Letter of Completion will be issued to the eligible participants at the last session.
Application together with the required documents, must be submitted within four months from the last day of the course attended.
For eligibility and further information, please refer to the WAM Pilot Programme website.